New edition of NS 300 NASH Standard – Steel Framed Construction in Bushfire Areas 2021
The NASH Standard – Steel Framed Construction in Bushfire Areas offers an alternative to AS 3959 Construction of buildings in bushfire-prone areas for building steel framed houses in areas subject to bushfire attack.
The NASH Bushfire Standard has been referenced in the National Construction Code (NCC) as a deemed-to-satisfy solution (DtS) since 2015, providing economical and robust design options based on non-combustible steel framing, wall and roof claddings.
Following valuable user feedback, the new Standard has been extended to include the following major items:
- Solutions for tiled roof for BAL-12.5 to BAL-40
- Extended roof pitches to cover all roofs for BAL-FZ
- Extended solution to cover cathedral ceilings in BAL-FZ
- Specific solutions for Class 10a buildings (garages/sheds)
- Roof skylights/windows provisions
- Clarified requirements for air conditioning and service ducting
- Additional drawings and details.
The new Standard can be purchased through the NASH online shop at www.nash.asn.au.